Anyone who is at least 16 years of age and not currently enrolled in a secondary program may apply for the career technical training programs.
To be eligible, students must either be withdrawn from high school or have graduated from high school. Students enrolled in a vocational program of 450 hours or more must demonstrate specific levels of reading, language, and mathematic competency prior to receiving a certificate of completion from a vocational program. Students may obtain general information and an application for admission by visiting the center between 7:00 am to 9:30 pm Monday through Thursday and from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm on Fridays.
The application process is a follows:
- Prospective students obtain an application from the receptionist. Once the application is completed, the student is scheduled to see a counselor.
- The student meets with a guidance counselor, who assists him/her with determining an appropriate program, give specific information on basic skills testing requirements. Students who may require assistance with paying their tuition are provided with information about securing financial assistance directly from the federal government or local agencies.
- A student wishing to apply for financial aid is scheduled to see a financial aid officer, who will provide specific instructions for eligible students.
- All other students are directed to a registration clerk, who will process the application.
- Students are then directed to the cashier where the tuition fee required for the requested course or program is paid.
- Once these steps are completed, the student is given specific information about reporting to class.
*Some programs may have specific entrance requirements. Please refer to specific program entrance requirements for more details.
Admission for Visa students must be cleared by the Federal & State Compliance office. Please visit www.attendanceservice.dadeschools.net/frsvd.asp or call 305-883-5323 for additional information